Well, I’m back. I needed that break, and thank you all for being patient.
I’ll post this up at the same time as a new blog post – that one I said I had waiting in the wings. This week I’m going to get into remaking my blog post buffer so that hopefully I’ll keep up with the blog when things get busy again. Continue reading
- Write more complete history and geography of E. Country
- Last few rulers
- Complete list of political factions
- Changes since Large Historical Event A (especially population distribution)
- Overarching opinions of H. Country
- Overarching opinions of Political Event B
- Restrictions caused by Political Event B
- Cultural and legal changes caused by Political Event B
- Decide exact place of H.H in E. Country politics.
- Rework magic system
- Exact workings of E. Country magic system
- Decide how E. Country’s system can or cannot interact with H. Country’s.
- Why must H. Country use their rune system, why not current language, since their magic is based on linguistics, not inherent to the language itself?
- Country Details (already started)
- Decide on current fashion, how style is different to E. Country, and effects of the magic system on textiles
- Better descriptions of how common households are laid out, what magics and technologies the average person has, etc.
- Common foods – what is local, what is imported
- Common family and household structures.
Characters who Need Fixing
- Collate all my notes; split into categories so I can easily reference them
- Create new outline
So, as anyone who’s following the Twitter will know, I finished the readthrough pass. It took a little longer than I’d like, but that’s how these things shake out.
I’m also sort of glad that I chose this particular book to do the live edit pass on, because hoo boy we’re going to have material for months. Continue reading
Hey everyone. I’ve been away for a while because of Worldcon, but I’ve finally found some time to get things written.
That Little Nightmares series is about to start, I promise. But I’m also doing something else at the moment that I want to run concurrently, because it’s going to be a little patchier than the rest of the cohesive series-esque-type-things that I do. Continue reading
Hey all! Quick update because things do sometimes go in my favour!
New date when you can purchase The Ferryman’s Apprentice Part One as an e-book or a print book is the 6th of June!
Reiterating: This doesn’t mean you can’t read the online version for free anymore. This is just for those who want to own a copy, or (yes I’m an optimist, I’m aware) would like to contribute to my eventual writing career. The full text of The Ferryman’s Apprentice will always be available for free as long as this website is up and running.
Regular bloggy thought will return soon, and expect a new chapter of The Ferryman’s Apprentice Season 3 this Monday!
Just a quick update for everyone.
Thanks to anyone who checked in on the Twitch stream last week! We had fun, though we also had technical difficulties, so I wouldn’t blame anyone for leaving in frustration.
We’ve just about got those fixed, though, so don’t let that stop you from attending future streams!
Because there will be future streams. This week didn’t happen because two of our characters were out of town, but we’re going ahead next weekend, Sunday 7pm AEST same as usual (we’ll let you know if that changes). Join us for the actual story, now that all the worldbuilding is out of the way!
Watch for the hype on social media. We’re excited to get to the story, and we hope you’ll be excited to listen to it!
You may have noticed that I haven’t been up to date recently with posting The Ferryman’s Apprentice chapters. This is both entirely fault and the result of several external life-related factors over the past couple of months.
In light of this, I’d like to announce that the blog is going on a brief hiatus. I’m currently writing this on a cross-country train to go and see my family for the holidays, so it seems apropos to start the hiatus now.
’ll be back in the saddle in a few weeks, though, or at least, I intend to be. Expect normal Ferryman’s chapters to resume on Monday 15th of January, and normal blog posts to resume on the Wednesday 17th.
Thanks for being patient with me! Hope everyone has a great time while I’m away, and I look forward to seeing you all again in the New Year.