Recently a friend asked me to play a game called Little Nightmares.
This request has been one of the best arguments I have for peer pressure occasionally being a good thing, because it quickly rocketed to ‘best video game I’ve played all year’ and definitely holds a place in my top five games of all time. I’ll add some qualifiers to that, because just because I love something doesn’t mean I think it’s flawless, but it definitely qualifies for one of my top five slots. Continue reading
Mr Treene opened the door barely half a minute after Wilom knocked. Yes, looking at the finances for the plan was Rytel’s job, but Wilom hadn’t been able to help running a few numbers on his own, and he didn’t like them. Continue reading
Finally, before Vanda dropped Wilom back at Marc’s house, Wilom and Vanda passed the house where Rickart, Inushi and Keri were hidden. Vanda whistled as they got close, and the corner of the curtains tweaked. Continue reading
Vanda met Wilom early in the morning the very next day.
“You know,” she said, “Just because you wake up this early, doesn’t mean you have to inflict it on the rest of us.”
“You agreed,” Wilom said. Continue reading
- Write more complete history and geography of E. Country
- Last few rulers
- Complete list of political factions
- Changes since Large Historical Event A (especially population distribution)
- Overarching opinions of H. Country
- Overarching opinions of Political Event B
- Restrictions caused by Political Event B
- Cultural and legal changes caused by Political Event B
- Decide exact place of H.H in E. Country politics.
- Rework magic system
- Exact workings of E. Country magic system
- Decide how E. Country’s system can or cannot interact with H. Country’s.
- Why must H. Country use their rune system, why not current language, since their magic is based on linguistics, not inherent to the language itself?
- Country Details (already started)
- Decide on current fashion, how style is different to E. Country, and effects of the magic system on textiles
- Better descriptions of how common households are laid out, what magics and technologies the average person has, etc.
- Common foods – what is local, what is imported
- Common family and household structures.
Characters who Need Fixing
- Collate all my notes; split into categories so I can easily reference them
- Create new outline
So, as anyone who’s following the Twitter will know, I finished the readthrough pass. It took a little longer than I’d like, but that’s how these things shake out.
I’m also sort of glad that I chose this particular book to do the live edit pass on, because hoo boy we’re going to have material for months. Continue reading
Here begins the edit pass of an upcoming book that I’m going to refer to as tKC.
Some stats to begin with – since I won’t be talking about a previous phase of editing here, I’m just going to fill in some details of the actual book so that people have an idea of what I’m talking about. Continue reading
Hey everyone. I’ve been away for a while because of Worldcon, but I’ve finally found some time to get things written.
That Little Nightmares series is about to start, I promise. But I’m also doing something else at the moment that I want to run concurrently, because it’s going to be a little patchier than the rest of the cohesive series-esque-type-things that I do. Continue reading
When Wilom eventually got back to Marc’s house, Cathlin was already there, but Jilli was not. Wilom had been far too preoccupied that morning to remember whether Marc had had anything planned with her, or whether she was at Sarit’s that afternoon, but he put it out of his mind. Continue reading
Vanda was very quiet as they walked away from the meeting. Wilom waited for her to speak, but when she remained in brooding silence, he said, “I think they’ll accept the plan.” Continue reading